Junior CAD Technician
Method are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic CAD Technician to join our team in our Bristol Office. This is a great opportunity to join our friendly growing team, and the prospects for further promotion and development are excellent.
What to expect
You will be working closely within the CAD team alongside a team of engineers, to produce detailed drawings of Mechanical & Electrical designs within Building Services. This will involve working to project deadlines and having to coordinate your workload to ensure these deadlines are met, with a heavy usage of AutoCAD. You will support our project engineers by:
- Preparing technical drawings using the latest CAD software
- Liaising with architects and contractors to ensure that we have the right information to prepare drawings
- Taking briefs on technical M&E building services design elements and translating the engineer’s vision into detailed technical drawings
- Carrying out engineering tasks such as working to constraints of fire alarm systems and designing where they will be located
- Drawing technical schematics of entire systems
What is in it for me?
- Practical and relevant work experience
- Support and guidance through on the job mentoring and learning
- Opportunity to make a real difference in an exciting growing company
- Long term opportunities for career growth
- Membership of a professional engineering institution
We also offer 24 days leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days flex, plus an additional 10 days unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally to succeed in this role you should have;
- Achieved GCSE’s at grade C or Higher. (Maths & Sciences B) – DT would also be an advantage
- A strong interest in Building Services
- Experience in CAD is essential
- An interest in the construction industry, computers and IT and a willingness to learn new skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
To apply for this position please send a CV and a chatty letter explaining why you are interested in this role to email@example.com.
Method Consulting is an engineering consultancy providing a comprehensive range of services in building and construction. We design mechanical and electrical systems for buildings and advise on sustainability and energy use in buildings.
Sustainability Consultant & BREEAM Assessor (PT)
Method are recruiting for an Experienced Sustainability Consultant & Breeam Assessor
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic part time BREEAM Assessor to join our Energy and Sustainability team,
The Energy and Sustainability team works closely with the M&E and Building Physics teams and we have a vacancy for an experienced sustainability consultant to advance their career with us, in a supported and friendly atmosphere.
The role will be based at our head office in Wiltshire and everyone in our team of highly trained professionals is involved in some or all of the below:
- BREEAM advice and assessment
- Preparing energy and sustainability statements
- SAP and/or SBEM calculations depending on experience
- IMPACT analysis
- Post Occupancy Evaluation
- BREEAM AP / on-site assistance to contractors
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally we are looking for a qualified BREEAM assessor in either New Construction or RFO, and a willingness to learn new things, put forward new ideas and deliver an excellent service to clients at all times.
- Experience in some or all of the above would be great.
We offer 24 days’ leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days flex, plus an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme. Salary is highly competitive and will increase rapidly with experience.
To meet with current legislation, rights to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are eligible to work within the UK. We are currently unable to support candidates with a Tier 2 Visa or those requiring sponsorship to work here.
About Method Consulting
At Method we are a group of sustainability professionals with a common goal to reduce the environmental impact of buildings through sustainable engineering design and advice. We are experts in sustainable building design, building services engineering and the application of renewable energy for buildings. We work on an exciting and diverse range of projects. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled ability to deliver innovative and fresh designs from a young and dynamic team and we are looking for talented graduates to join our office in Swindon. We provide a great working environment with excellent training and support – in 2016 we were given the CIBSE Employer of the Year Award, having been shortlisted in the past, and have been listed in the Building Magazine Top 50 Employers Guide for the last three years.
We provide a wide ranging technical consultancy service with sustainability at the heart of the design process, including:
- Developing low energy building design strategies in conjunction with architects and structural engineers
- Providing advice on sustainability, BREEAM and building physics
- Building services engineering including heating, lighting, power and water systems design with a strong emphasis on reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions
- Advising clients on integrating renewable energy technologies into buildings to provide sustainable energy
- Working with contractors on site to ensure that design concepts are correctly implemented and constructed
- Using latest dynamic simulation software as part of energy, CO2, thermal and daylight analysis
To apply please send your CV and a chatty letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and how you found out about our vacancy to: Recruitment@methodllp.com
Method Consulting is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably-qualified persons.