Health and Safety Policy Summary
As employers it is our responsibility to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of our employees. Without prejudice to the generality of that duty, our statement of general policy is:
- To provide and maintain a working environment for employees that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe, without risks to health and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting health and safety and to encourage the full co-operation and support of all employees To provide and maintain plant and equipment that are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health;
- To make arrangements for ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
- To provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of employees;
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and give them adequate training;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions at any place of work under the employer’s control, in a condition that is safe and without risks to health and the provision and maintenance of means of access to and egress from it that are safe and without risks, as far as is reasonably practicable; and To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
The general duties stated above extend to all employees in the course of their work. The employer is also under a duty to conduct the undertaking in such a way as to ensure, again so far as is reasonably practicable, that people not in employment who may be affected by the undertaking are not exposed to risks to their health and safety. In other words, every employer and every self-employed person must take the general public into account in determining their health and safety problems and measures.
Details of our full Health and Safety Policy are available on request.