Skip to main content

Highgate Court, London

  • Client:
    Bellway Homes
  • Architect:
    Boon Brown
  • Accreditation:
    BREEAM Level 4 Code for Sustainable Homes
  • Value:
    £20m
  • Our Role:

    M&E, Building Physics, BREEAM & Sustainability


The £20m development at Highgate Court, the former Highgate police station, consists of 82 high-spec one, two and three-bed apartments accommodated over six storeys. Approximately 70% of the apartments are privately owned, with the remaining 30% providing social housing/shared ownership accommodation.

The development has undercover car parking facilities with a landscaped garden area and the design fully complies with the London Design Guide, Secured by Design and Lifetime Homes.

We undertook the mechanical and electrical engineering design using Revit MEP 3-D software to enable the size of the services risers throughout the six-storey building to be minimised in order to maximise the net lettable floor space whilst ensuring that plant can still be safely installed and maintained.

The development achieved Level 4 under the Code for Sustainable Homes with a central plant room containing a gas-fired community heat and power (CHP) unit contributing to a 40% reduction in carbon compared to Building Regulations requirements.