Environmental Engineering, M&E & Sustainability Engineer
Start Date September 2019
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic graduate who is keen to join our Mechanical, Electrical and Sustainability Engineering department. You will be expected to work as part of a team to develop building integrated detailed mechanical and electrical engineering designs.
You can expect a “hands on” learning style with constant support and tuition from experienced team members. You will be assigned a mentor but you can expect to work with all members of the team both in the office and during site visits. Responsibilities increase rapidly as confidence and experience is gained. In addition, you will be encouraged to become a chartered engineer through an accredited institution such as CIBSE, IMechE, IET or the Energy Institute and our training programme supports this. Within a short period you will be running your own projects under the supervision of an experienced engineer and the prospects for rapid promotion are excellent.
Experience and Qualifications
- An appreciation of sustainability, renewable energy technologies, thermodynamics and energy systems are essential.
- You should have a good degree or be expected to gain a good degree in any engineering or physical sciences discipline – for example mechanical or electrical engineering, building services engineering, environmental engineering, architectural engineering or physics.
- You must be interested in the built environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- You will need to adapt to new situations quickly and be willing to contribute as an active design team member.
- A full driving licence is desirable.
We offer 24 days’ leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days flex, plus an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme. Salary is highly competitive and will increase rapidly with experience.
About Method Consulting
At Method we are a group of sustainability professionals with a common goal to reduce the environmental impact of buildings through sustainable engineering design and advice. We are experts in sustainable building design, building services engineering and the application of renewable energy for buildings. We work on an exciting and diverse range of projects. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled ability to deliver innovative and fresh designs from a young and dynamic team and we are looking for talented graduates to join our office in Swindon. We provide a great working environment with excellent training and support – in 2016 we were given the CIBSE Employer of the Year Award, having been shortlisted in the past, and have been listed in the Building Magazine Top 50 Employers Guide for the last three years.
We provide a wide ranging technical consultancy service with sustainability at the heart of the design process, including:
- Developing low energy building design strategies in conjunction with architects and structural engineers
- Providing advice on sustainability, BREEAM and building physics
- Building services engineering including heating, lighting, power and water systems design with a strong emphasis on reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions
- Advising clients on integrating renewable energy technologies into buildings to provide sustainable energy
- Working with contractors on site to ensure that design concepts are correctly implemented and constructed
- Using latest dynamic simulation software as part of energy, CO2, thermal and daylight analysis
To apply please send your CV and a chatty letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and how you found out about our vacancy to: Recruitment@methodllp.com
Method Consulting is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably-qualified persons.