Engineer – Revit Technician
Method are recruiting for a Engineering Graduate to pursue a career in digital engineering.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic engineering graduate who is keen to join our Building Information and Modelling (BIM) department. You will not be expected to be experienced in the use of Revit or have detailed knowledge of BIM. All training and development will be provided to help you develop at the industry forefront of innovation and technology.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally to succeed in this role you should have;
- You should have attained an Engineering or Construction related degree.
- Some knowledge or appreciation for BIM would be beneficial but is not essential.
The role will provide the opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge of MEP systems and their design in detail.
- Develop skills in Revit, creating complex 3D MEP systems.
- Gain experience in liaising with external Design Team members such as Architects and Structural Engineers including attending meetings and visiting sites when required.
- Provide experience in managing workload efficiently to achieve project deadlines.
- Detailed understanding of BIM and what its process involves.
- Develop some knowledge of relevant standards such as BS1192 and PAS 1192 and the new BS EN ISO19650 standards.
- Overall developing much needed and desirable skills within the construction industry and working closely with experienced engineers.
We offer 24 days’ leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days’ flex, plus an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme. Salary is highly competitive and will increase rapidly with experience.
About Method Consulting
At Method we are a group of sustainability professionals with a common goal to reduce the environmental impact of buildings through sustainable engineering design and advice. We are experts in sustainable building design, building services engineering and the application of renewable energy for buildings. We work on an exciting and diverse range of projects. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled ability to deliver innovative and fresh designs from a young and dynamic team and we are looking for talented graduates to join our office in Swindon. We provide a great working environment with excellent training and support – in 2016 we were given the CIBSE Employer of the Year Award, having been shortlisted in the past, and have been listed in the Building Magazine Top 50 Employers Guide for the last three years.
We provide a wide ranging technical consultancy service with sustainability at the heart of the design process, including:
- Developing low energy building design strategies in conjunction with architects and structural engineers
- Providing advice on sustainability, BREEAM and building physics
- Building services engineering including heating, lighting, power and water systems design with a strong emphasis on reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions
- Advising clients on integrating renewable energy technologies into buildings to provide sustainable energy
- Working with contractors on site to ensure that design concepts are correctly implemented and constructed
- Using latest dynamic simulation software as part of energy, CO2, thermal and daylight analysis
To apply please send your CV and a chatty letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and how you found out about our vacancy to: Recruitment@methodllp.com
Method Consulting is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably-qualified persons.